Monday, May 3, 2010

Do you need a fun Makeover?

Life is so busy. There are so many things to do. Do we forget to take the time to have fun?

I have written a 6-day Journey with God called "Fun Makeover". I was inspired to write this because I came across so many people that did not even know HOW to have fun. The word fun does not even bring anything to their minds.

Honestly, we can become so busy, even doing good things, that we don't take the time to stop and refresh our souls by doing something fun.

Does having fun have to be expensive? No! I recently enjoyed a wonderful day of fun and it did not cost me a penny. I would like to share my day with you. (If you have a fun time to share, either post it with a comment, or e-mail me at robin@hesspeakingarewelistening.com)

Last week my friend and co-worker in the ministry, Deb, decided to have a day of fun to celebrate her birthday. We both like riding bikes. I live on the Capital City Bike Trail, so she came over to enjoy a day of biking.

Along the way we went over a brand new bike bridge crossing over Fish Hatchery Road in Fitchburg. We stopped to take a picture. Deb, who knows all about cameras, set her camera on the ledge of the large metal frame of the bridge, and then quickly ran to join me in a picture.

Further on down the trail we spotted a long train just sitting on the tracks. It looked like all the cars were empty. We stopped to look at it and Deb said, "Do you want to climb up on the train and take some pictures?" I am always ready to do something adventurous, so of course I replied, "Let's do it!"

Within minutes we had climbed up onto the train and we were posing for fun pictures. It was a beautiful day enjoying the beauty of nature with a friend. Our biking trip took us seven miles on this day, but we have plans to go on a long trip somewhere.

Having fun is a choice. We need to stop and just do it. It does not have to cost a penny and we might need to get creative with what we do, but I believe that we will always be glad that we stopped to put some fun into our lives.

What about you? Have you had some fun lately? If not, stop and do it today.

1 comment:

  1. You definately know how to have fun Robin!! It was a great day biking! Can't wait to do it again!

    ReplyDelete