Sunday, May 23, 2010

Life-long Friends




Do you have a friend that you have known for a long time?

A few weeks ago I was privileged to attend a 90th birthday party for a dear friend of mine, Bea. We have been friends for over 30 years.

Titus 2:3-4
Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.

Throughout my life Bea was been the older woman teaching me, the younger woman, about life. When Bea spoke, I listened. Her words dripped with wisdom and I wanted to learn as much as I could from her.

I believe everyone needs to have someone like Bea in their lives. Do you? If you do not have a person like Bea in your life, pray that God will bring someone to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment