Sunday, April 26, 2009

Take my feet where you want me to go......


What a beautiful morning. The sun was shining and the birds were singing. The remains of winter were definitely gone. I had scheduled two appointments for the day. Over the years I have developed a habit of beginning my day by asking God to go before my day, and take my feet where He might want them to go. This day was no different. As I walked out the door for my first appointment, I paused for a moment to pray for God to go before me.

When I returned home I wanted to go for a bike ride. It was so… beautiful outside. I enjoy so much circling around on the bike trails with the wind blowing through my hair. It helps me to think more clearly and inspires me.

As I prepared to do what I wanted, a thought came to me about a meeting at my church that was at 4:00 today. It was a district women’s gathering. I kept saying to myself, “I can’t go, I did not sign up for it.” (Secretly, I really wanted to go biking.) The peace about biking had disappeared and then it hit me. I prayed for God to take my feet where HE wanted me to go, but I was heading where I wanted to go.

Within minutes, I was dressed and out the door on my way to church. As I listened to this National Women’s Director speak I was amazed. She said that it was time to get out of the boat and follow God wherever he is leading you. It seemed like every word she said was for me. Then she ended her talk by saying, “What is God calling you to do? Will you follow Him?” As I drove home inspired and excited about my future, I thought to myself what if I had done what I wanted and gone biking? I would have missed the confirmation that I would need to keep me moving forward in this ministry. THANK YOU GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment