Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Voice of Truth says……..


The world rushes by. Life is busy. Then all of a sudden everything STOPS. My phone begins to ring or should I say sing. I hear the familiar words that have kept me going in this work for so many years. “The voice of truth says…..do not be afraid.”

What is the voice of truth? It’s that quiet voice way down deep inside me. It is the voice of God’s Spirit. Should I be afraid......of anything? (What about starting a ministry?)

WHATEVER CHALLENGES THAT I MIGHT BE FACING IN MY LIFE,

I DO NOT NEED TO BE AFRAID. GOD WILL BE WITH ME.

Why have I put this song on my cell phone? It serves as a reminder to me that wherever I go, in whatever I am doing, I am not alone. God is aways with me, going before me, in all that I do.

Isaiah 40:31
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying,
“This is the way, walk in it.”

Someone said to me this week, “You seem to know when God speaks to you. How do you know His voice?” I replied simply, “The more time you spend with someone, the easier it is to recognize their voice.”

I made a choice many years ago to spend five minutes a day with God. I would read a few verses of the Bible and then pray. It wasn’t much, but it was something. I made a commitment to God that I would do this, even if I did not understand everything I was reading. I was choosing to have a relationship with Him.

If I want to have a relationship with anyone, it takes time. The more time I spend with them, the easier it is to recognize their voice.



No comments:

Post a Comment