Friday, May 29, 2009

God's Timing







When God speaks to my heart about something through the Bible, I like to underline the verse and then put the date next to it.

This past week I came across a verse that I had underlined and dated for the first time back on 7/9/87.

Psalm 27:14
Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart, and wait for the Lord.


I remember distinctly that day, reading this verse for the first time. I don’t like to WAIT, so it was hard for me to realize that God wanted me to do this. Then over and over, I came back to that verse on 10/9/87, 1/26/88, 2/1/88, 10/22/88, 11/11/88, 4/16/90, 4/14/91, 5/21/91, 3/22/93, and finally on 11/10/93. Throughout all of these years, God’s timing did not appear. I believed that He was speaking to my heart to just WAIT. Looking back now, I can see why I needed to wait. I still had so much more to learn.

God’s timing is always perfect. I can see that the timing is finally right. Every single day God brings someone along who wants to learn more about our ministry. He’s bringing people along to join together with us. I could never explain to you what a blessing this has been.

Looking back, it all began back in October when God first provided an office for me. A wonderful Christian couple named Jack and Shelley allowed me to have an office in their building and in return, I could help them with some cleaning. My office was walking distance from my home. This was the beginning.

Next, in January, Jack and Shelley allowed me to use another room in their building to set up our very first LISTENING Room, which is a place for people in the community to get away and spend time with God. It was so much fun to decorate the LISTENING Room and it was even more exciting when our first person came and used it.

I would like to publicly express my deepest gratitude to Jack and Shelley for allowing me to have a place to begin. My prayer is that God will bless them abundantly for their wonderful gift to this ministry.

Over the next week I am going to share with you different people that God has been bringing to this ministry. It reminds me over and over that…..

1 Thessalonians 5:24
The one who calls you is faithful and HE will do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment