Wednesday, May 6, 2009

PRAYER Plant




This year for my birthday I received a Prayer Plant from my sister. It was so beautiful. It was bushy with shiny green leaves. Now, I do not have a green thumb, so I was a little worried for the life of my plant. How would I live with the fact that I had killed a Prayer Plant?

Immediately, I sat down in my soft cozy chair and began reading about taking care of my plant. Would just KNOWING the directions make my plant grow? No, I would have to put those words into actions otherwise it would die.

Well, life is busy, and I forgot all about my Prayer Plant for one week. When I walked into the room where my Prayer Plant lives, I was devastated. It looked dead. I thought I had killed it already. I felt terrible that I had neglected it.

In a panic, I rushed my Prayer Plant to the sink to immediately begin to resuscitate it with water. That did not help at all. It still looked dead. I flew across the room and placed it quickly in a window that had plenty of sunlight. All I could do was wait.

The next day I walked into the room, looked at my Prayer Plant and I could not contain myself. I picked it up and together we twirled around the room. My Prayer Plant looked gorgeous. I was overwhelmed with joy. I promised myself I would never neglect my Prayer Plant again.

This reminded me of my Prayer Life. It is so easy to neglect it too. Life is so…..busy. I know the directions of how to use Prayer in my life, but I must take actions daily to make it grow.



No comments:

Post a Comment