Saturday, May 9, 2009

It's NOT what we do, it's how we LIVE

I had an unexpected funeral this week for a wonderful man named, Bill Wagner. I was asked if I would share some fun stories from his friends. I was honored to do this. You see this man has been someone I had admired for many years.

While we were missionaries in the Philippines, Bill and his wife Carol, encouraged us in so many ways. When we came back from the Philippines they allowed us to use their brand new van for the summer and then into the fall. WHO WOULD REALLY DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS? Only Bill and Carol.

As the people called, and e-mailed me their stories I kept seeing the same thing over and over. First, this man had a wonderful smile and a contagious laugh. When he walked into a room, it would come alive. But more importantly, this man realized what was really important in his life. Even though he owned his own business and accomplished many things, he still kept giving and giving himself, and his possessions, to people all around him.

It seemed that he and his wife Carol would show up out of nowhere at someone’s house just when they needed help. OR, they would share their earthy possessions with someone else who needed a helping hand.

When the funeral was over and we were heading to the cemetary I thought, "This is the way I want to be remembered!" Thank you Bill for your life example.

No comments:

Post a Comment