Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Be still and know that I am God


Is it hard for you to be still before God? I struggle with this all the time. Life is busy.

Yesterday I was busy running around doing many different things. You know how it is in the summer. There are so many wonderful things that we want to do. Well, in the midst of my running around I noticed an old Bible sitting on the counter in my office under a stack of papers. When I looked at it I thought, "When was the last time I looked at that Bible?"

Of course I was busy and I tried to continue what I was doing, but I was compelled to stop and open up that Bible. When I did I was so....blessed for doing it. When I opened the pages of that Bible and began reading it, the words spoke very clearly to my heart. I was encouraged. I sensed a clarity for my future. I felt so close to God. When I closed the book, I was so thankful for what had just happened.

I STOPPED WHAT I WAS DOING, to be still before God. Oh my gosh, I was so glad that I did. I continued my day with a new song in my heart. Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress. Psam 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment