Monday, June 21, 2010

Peace like a river

I have peace like a river, I have peace like a river, I have peace like a river in my soul....oh oh. Do you remember the old song, Peace like a river? We all long for peace in our lives, but often the lives that we live rob us of our peace.


Life is filled with many challenges. They are different for each of us. What challenges are you facing today?

Maybe it's the loss of a loved one.
Maybe it's the news that we received from the Dr.
Maybe it's spouse that has been unfaithful.
Maybe you lost your job.
Maybe you are experiencing overwhelming debt issues.

What is your challenge today? ____________________________________________

Throughout my life I realized that I live with my challenges way too long. It's not until I get to the end of myself that I am ready to turn them over to God. He loves me and wants to handle everything in my life, but I need to let go, and let God do it.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."

Are you ready to find rest for your soul? Give that burden to God. Let go and let God do it.

How do you give your burden to God? It's simple. Take some time to STOP and talk to him. You could pray something like this.

Dear God,

My heart is so burdened with........... I give it all to you. Please take control of ............... and fill me with peace like a river.
Matthew 11:28

No comments:

Post a Comment