Monday, June 28, 2010

The RACE








This past weekend I went to the races. It was a perfect night for it. Now it had been many years since I had been to the races, so I was excited to be there.

First, there were the time trials. All the cars would race to find their time. Then the fastest cars would be in the front of the line when they actually raced.

Some of the cars had been very well taken care of, others looked pretty old, and sounded pretty loud. I remember one of the cars sounding so smooth. Someone had taken the time needed to put that car in perfect shape. As a result, this car did win at least one of the races.

As I watched the races, I thought about how much training and work was involved for just one car to enter the race. It takes a deep commitment to make it all happen. I'm sure it took years to get the car in shape, to find the driver, and to put together all the details involved with being a contestant in the race.

This all reminded me of the "race of life" for a Christian. We don't start our race knowing all the details of the Christian life. It takes training and work to build our love relationship with God. He has a plan for our lives. There comes a point when we need to make a commitment to get our Spiritual life in shape and allow God to be the driver in our lives.

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me--the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace. Acts 20:24

If you need help getting your Spiritual life ready for the race, contact us at robin@hesspeakingarewelistening.com or check out www.hesspeakingarewelistening.com

No comments:

Post a Comment