Monday, October 5, 2009

24 Hours

Well it's Monday again. I have so much to do this week and I am asking myself, "Can I really do everything I need to do?"

Yes, life is busy. Every single day I make choices about what I will do with this 24 hours. There are days that I end up doing only the urgent things and at the end of those days I am exhausted. Do I really have a choice to make my 24 count?

Yes, life is short. I do have a choice to do what is important to me today? It might take a slice of my 24, but taking time to encourage those around me makes me feel happy. It doesn't take long to tell my husband that I love him. It doesn't take long to send my kids a quick note via e-mail to let them know I am thinking of them. It doesn't take long to put a short note in my child's lunchbox telling him how proud I am of him. It doesn't take long to send a short note to my mother-in-law who might be lonely. It doesn't take long to say "Have a good day!" to my neighbor. It doesn't take long to ask God to bless those you love.

HOW WILL I FEEL AFTER I DO THESE THINGS? No matter how busy I become in my 24, if I have done at least one of these things, joy will appear in my life because I have blessed someone else today.

1 Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up....

No comments:

Post a Comment