Friday, October 16, 2009

Which Way

I walked into the subway station in Paris, France. I had no idea where I was going. The man had told me I can take any train and it will get me to the same destination, but my map said it should be train C. Every train that went by was NOT train C. I was worried thinking that I could get on the wrong train and get totally lost in this country where very little English is spoken.

Fear was filling my mind. I thought of just turning around and not going anywhere. Then I stopped and thought, I need to pray. That's just what I did.

I began to think that wherever I go I am not alone. God is always with me and He will guide me. Fear can keep me from going where I want to go, or I can take a step and trust God to guide me.

As I was thinking about this I was reminded about my family and friends back home. Many of them are at stages in their lives where they don't know where they are going. I experienced that feeling on this day, but the peace that only God can give me flooded my soul when I reached out to Him and then took a step.

It also brought to my mind this ministry, He's SPEAKING! Are we LISTENING? that God is building in Madison, WI. He has brought so many wonderful people together, but do we know exactly where we are going? NO! Do we pull away because of fear in the unknown? NO!

Life no matter what we are doing is about trusting God, no matter where we are or what we are doing. He does have a great plan and when we trust Him, and take any step He might lead us to do, He will lead and guide us.

Well, I did end up getting on the train and one by one the places on my map appeared. I knew I was on the right track. What if I had never gotten on the train?

No comments:

Post a Comment